If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, “thank you,” that would suffice.
– Meister Eckhart
Raising children takes true grit; the challenges are many. But parenting a child with cancer? That seems to defie the laws of nature.
No baby should die in the dawn of life. But they do. Too often. I thank God my children and family were spared this scourge. At the Type-A Conference in September, I had the honor of meeting one of these warriors. It is impossible not to be forever touched when looking into the eyes of one of these St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital patients. There but for the grace of God…
|Reese will be celebrating her 3rd birthday next week. God bless this family!|
This is just one face and one reason I chose to support the 11th annual Thanks and Giving Campaign. These families are never given a bill for treatment, housing or food, so raising awareness is crucial. Won’t you join me in championing St, Jude Children’s Research Hospital this week?
Five Simple Ways to Support St. Jude’s This Holiday: (#StJudeGiveThanks)
1. Raise awareness on social media on Monday, November 24th.
– Follow St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital on Facebook. Post on their behalf:
I’m supporting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital this holiday season. Share if you support
their mission of finding cures and saving children. Learn more at http://bit.ly/StJdtg.
– Follow @StJude on Twitter. Tweet your support:
I’m supporting @StJude this holiday season. RT if you support their mission of finding cures
and saving children. #StJudeGiveThanks
2. Look for gifts that give back. Visit St. Jude Gift Shop for a selection of celebrity products,
apparel, accessories and more. 100% of all proceeds go directly to the hospital! Consider adding these items to your holiday gift guides.
3. Purchase your holiday cards from St. Jude this year.
4. Shop with one of over 75 retail partners to support the lifesaving St. Jude mission.
5. Consider running your next race with St. Jude Heroes. “Do more with your race. Be a hero, and run for the kids of St. Jude.” Find a race and register today. (I’ll save you some research- Star Wars Half Marathon, Disney Princess Half Marathon, and Tinker Bell Half Marathon are on the list!)
Be sure to tune in all week on NBC to see Marlo Thomas (her father Danny founded the hospital; she’ll be receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom today) and St. Jude patients on the Today Show. Join me in following little Reese’s progress on her Facebook page: Prayers for Reese. Most of all, Give Thanks.