I am beyond thrilled to announce that DIStherapy has been chosen to participate in the brand new Galloway Blogger Program!!! Since meeting Jeff Galloway in 2011, I have been inspired to start running, keep running, increase both distance and speed AND stay injury-free despite my advanced years. As I have often kidded Jeff, he has impacted the physical therapy biz like no other! Of course, I jest; any PT worth their salt would far rather strive for injury prevention rather than treatment. The “Galloway genius” delivers just that.
Now, you can do it too!
Training and Motivation Tips
by Olympian Jeff Galloway
1. When paced correctly, running delivers the best attitude boost you can get. Sustain this by pacing yourself gently during the first mile or so.
2. A well-paced run enhances vitality for the rest of the day. Start each run at least 30 seconds a mile slower than you will run at the end.
3. If you have a Run Walk Run strategy that is right for you on that day, it’s possible to feel good after every run- even a marathon.
4. Running is the best stress-reliever I’ve found. Research shows that running tends to activate the conscious brain which overrides the emotional subconscious brain and manages negative and anxiety hormones during and after the run.
5. Research shows that as runners get faster, their stride shortens. A quicker cadence is the mechanical key to faster running.
6. The finishing of a run that is longer than you’ve run in the last three weeks can bestow a sense of achievement that is unique and empowering. (Due to positive brain circuits that are “turned on.”)
7. **You can’t run a long run too slowly or take too many walk breaks. You’ll get the same endurance based on the distance covered. (This one is my personal favorite!)
Are you looking for more of Jeff’s words of running wisdom? Sign up for his free newsletter at www.JeffGalloway.com and be sure to look for the next installment of Jeff Galloway’s Blogger Tips.
Check out how my personal “Jeff journey” began: Things I Learned Running With Jeff Galloway.
|Save up to $200||
Looking to run a half marathon or marathon that goes beyond the ordinary? RUN ITALY Tours offers more than others do and travel with “Coach Jeff”.
March 22, 2015 – Rome Marathon 26.2, 13.1 and 5K distances
Book and save up to $200 at www.RunITALY.com
|Offer Expires: 2/14/15|
**I received nothing – neither product nor compensation- for participation in the Galloway Blogger Program. I do it out of pure admiration!!!