Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Blue Loop. Today we are sharing Disney packing printables to help you decide what to bring on your Disney trip.
You’ve planned your costume for months. Tutu, tiara, check. Heck, your Tinker Bell Pinterest board is a mile long. And while those fairy wings and shoe pom-poms will make for magical race course photos, it is this packing and planning that will get you over the finish line with a smile on your face and Pixie Dust in your step.
Many of these items are obvious (unless you are one of the last of the barefoot runners you will require running shoes for your race) but the rest may depend on your past trials and errors. Why not skip the boo boos, blisters, and inflamed tendons? Contrary to popular belief, injury SHOULD NOT be an expected by-product of the sport of running. (Which is why I LOVE runDisney guru Jeff Galloway!) Take advantage of my 35-years-in-the-making pointers. Make this runDisney Packing List part of your race training!
– Designated Running Shoes
– Shoe Orthotics or Inserts
– Race Socks
– UV Racing Sunglasses
– Kinesiology Tape
– Body Lubricant (Body Glide, Dr. Scholl’s Blister Defense)
– Toe Caps
– Band-Aids and/or Moleskin
– Hydration Belt with Water Bottle(s)
– Self-Massagers (Foam Roller, The Stick, Ball)
– Thermal Blanket
– Hydration (Water, Electrolytes) (i.e. Nuun, Powerade)
– Nutrition (Sugar, Gels) (i.e. GU, Sports Beans, Honey Stinger Chews)
– Cooling (Cooling Towels, Cooling Sleeves)
– Compression Garments (Arm/Leg Sleeves, Pants, Shirts) (i.e. CRX, CEP)
– Sports Straps (i.e. Cho-Pat, ITB Compression, Plantar Fascitis Strapping)
– Topical Analgesics (i.e. Biofreeze, Sombra)
– Cold Wraps with and without compression (i.e. Arctic Ease, Dr. Cool)
– Self-Massagers (Foam Rollers, The Stick, Balls, Scraper)
– Acetaminophen, NSAIDS (i.e. Tylenol, Mortin, Aleve)
– Recovery Footwear (Think micro massage.) (i.e. OOFOS)
Have I won you over? Print my list (BELOW) for yourself. Many of these items will not be available or consistently present at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo. Don’t leave home without these crucial make-or-break race accoutrements! (It may keep you out of your local physical therapy office.)
For more Disney packing printables, check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Blue | Disney Packing Printables Loop:
- 1st Stop – The Delightful Life | Disney Cruise Line Packing List
- 2nd Stop – Saving Up for Disney | Mom’s Disney Packing List
- 3rd Stop – DISTherapy | runDisney Packing List
- 4th Stop – Love Our Crazy Life | Road Trip Packing List
- 5th Stop – Disney in Your Day | Disney Honeymoon Packing List