Anticipating a royal race weekend any time soon? If you are like me, you’re headed back to the castle for Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend. I’m betting there may be more than a few Glass Slipper Challenge princesses who may need some princely advice come Sunday, February 26th. Olympian Jeff Galloway (and runDisney training program guru) is your guy! He has some tried-and-true (42 years worth) tips for a more enchanted runner race recovery.
Bounce Back After a Challenging Race
When you get home: Soak your legs in a cool bath for 15 minutes to reduce inflammation. Walk around for 10 to 30 minutes, two or three times during the afternoon. Between your walks, recline with your legs elevated. Eat small meals every two to three hours—aim to get 25 percent of calories from protein, 20 percent from fat, and the rest from complex carbs. And drink water or sports drink—your urine should be pale yellow.
Days to Follow: Continue to hydrate. Massage sore muscles with your hands or a foam roller for five minutes each day. If you’re really suffering, ask your doctor whether anti-inflammatory medication might help. Every other day, do this gentle workout to encourage blood flow to recovering muscles: Walk for 10 minutes, run a few seconds each minute for 10 to 20 minutes, and finish with 10 minutes of walking.
Carmel-By-The-Sea Scenic Fitness Retreat
Runners, walkers and hikers, bring your non-running friends to a gentle fitness weekend with nutrition and cooking information in the beautiful Carmel, CA! Join Jeff and Barb on March 29-April 2 for 3 days and 4 nights at his amazing Carmel Running retreat.
Carissa Bealert, runDisney announcer and a registered dietitian and will be joining the weekend, giving clinics and answering everything you wanted to know about nutrition
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Various scenic routes in and around Carmel-by-the-Sea with Jeff Galloway and staff
- Jeff and Staff will explain how to set up the program to reach your goals: walking, running, hiking — for more stamina, motivation, while avoiding aches and pains.
- Special Nutrition clinics by Carissa Bealert RDN who will answer your questions about nutrition for fitness
- Morning run or walk through the beautiful hamlet of Carmel-by-the-Sea with Jeff and staff
- Learn about the heritage of running, stories of inspiration, humor and fun with Jeff
- In each session, Jeff and staff will answer your individual questions
Register now for the Carmel Running Retreat now!
Enter the Love to Run…With You contest!
Grab your favorite running partner and run the Jeff Galloway 13.1 or Barb’s 5K virtual event for a chance to win a Jeff Galloway 13.1 puffy vest!
– Complete the miles
– Send in your results.
– Share your photo on the Jeff Galloway 13.1 page.
(All entries must be received by Feb. 28th)
LAST CHANCE TO SAVE ON THE 2017 Jeff Galloway 13.1 Weekend! Register for the weekend’s events before the March 1st price increase! Register and save now!
(I know I did- come run with me on Long Island!!!)
**I received nothing – neither product nor compensation- for releasing this information to my readers. I do it out of pure admiration!!!
Read the Jeff Galloway Blogger Tips Series: