Chomping at Major’s bit to get to your Happy Place? Do you find Disney’s Magical Express not quite express (or magical) enough? We understand. Recently, our group of princesses found a carriage ride fit for our regal selves. Straight from the horse’s mouth, follow our royal adventure with the Disney Minnie Van Airport Shuttle.
Walt Disney World’s Minnie Van service continues to expand. Rolled out in 2017 to just a few lucky Guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, this transportation fleet slowly became available property-wide.
And now… at Orlando International Airport (MCO)!!
Disney Minnie Van Airport Shuttle
You can rock these dots either one-way or round-trip and arrive to your Disney destination in style. (Please note, this service is currently not available for the Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel, Four Seasons Orlando, Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels, Walt Disney World Gateway Hotels or Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels.) Each Minnie Van holds up to 6 guests and 8 medium suitcases. Complimentary car seats are available, and the Minnie Van Accessible version is an option for Guests in wheelchairs, ECVs, or for those requiring extra assistance. Resort Airport Services and Check-In is also available for your departure.
Unlike the typical Minnie Van, this reservation must be done by calling (407) WDW-PLAY up to 6 months in advance, but not later than 11:59 pm the evening before. (Please note, your Lyft app does not yet work for this shuttle service.) A Cast Member will request your full flight itinerary, so be sure to have it at the ready. For return trips, leave at least 2 hours before your scheduled flight departure. (Three hours for international travelers.) The cost, you ask? a crown-worthy $150 each way. Gratuities are not included, and cancellations must be made within 24 hours of scheduled pick up time for a refund.
What to Expect – The Experience
Minnie Van shuttle drivers are friendly Disney Cast Members who are trained to whisk you off to where you need to be—with a smile. In September, we were picked up in a standard minivan; three adults, with three suitcases and three large handbags. While we had plenty of room and were quite comfortable, I could not imagine an entire family with the requisite luggage, fitting into that space. However, the good news is that now SUVs are used at the airport! For the price, this makes much more sense. I would expect that this larger fleet will also expand in the future.
Hours of Operation
- The Minnie Van airport shuttle operates from between 7:00 AM and 10:00 PM. Hours of operation are subject to change.
- Guests needing to utilize an accessible vehicle to accommodate a wheelchair or ECV can make arrangements by calling (407) 828-3500.
Know Before You Ride
- The Disney Minnie Van Airport Shuttle can pick up or drop off from the airport to any Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
- Unlike the Disney Magical Express, you will need to retrieve your own luggage off the carousel.
- Pick-up location at the Orlando International Airport is located by the baggage claim escalators.
- If you require boosters or car seats, make this explicitly clear when you book!
Disney Minnie Van Airport Shuttle Amenities
Our service came with the additional perk of our fully-outlined itinerary. (Note this service may have been unfortunately discontinued.) My good friend (and simply the most professional travel agent I have ever dealt with), Kirsten at Pure Magic Vacations set us up magically.
However, The MINNIE water!, Pellegrino water, tissues, and chocolates are still there for Guests. Minnie thanks for making us feel welcome!
Another nicety? The driver played some Magic Kingdom music and chatted with us as we drove to Bay Lake Tower. (Had our destination been Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, she would have played an Animal Kingdom soundtrack. It’s that personalized.) We learned she was a former bus driver, but was loving this new role. It was especially comfortable knowing that she knew the most direct way through the traffic and construction.
- Knowing we were in safe and caring hands from baggage claim to the hotel.
- Magical immersion; from the second you depart the airport, every sense is Disney-fied.
- Rock the dots. Yes, we got lots of envious attention from those around us on the road.
- Going VIP, princess? Short of riding in a glass carriage from the airport, this is your style…
- The price. Now that larger vehicles are being employed, 6 adults could split the bill and make this VERY manageable. A family? Perhaps harder to justify the $150 plus tax each way.
- You handle your own luggage. (In fact, I needed to lift my monster bag into the trunk.)
So what’s the future of Disney Minnie Van Airport Shuttle, you may ask? The “buzz” is that eventually you will be able to book transit to and from Cape Canaveral for your Disney Cruise Line vacation. Perhaps in time this service will be seamlessly charged to your room. You know The Walt Disney Company is always looking forward. I’m grateful that we splurged on this service and look forward to the next “plus.” Until then, giddy up!