Finally! A flexible, as-you-want-it, as-you-need-it exercise program for older adults. Whether you are looking for the BEST chair workout or cross training for your next half marathon, Silver&Fit truly has Something for Everyone®. With a full schedule of daily workouts, Silver&Fit® Fit at Home™ puts healthy aging is at your fingertips. Reach no farther than your cell phone, computer, or smart TV!
*Silver&Fit sponsored this post. After using their Fit at Home™ program throughout the quarantine and pandemic, I can say I am a true fan. So, all stated thoughts are my personal and professional impressions. (And always ethical.) In fact, I still tune in daily!
What Is Silver&Fit® Fit at Home™?
- The Silver&Fit program helps older adults stay active by offering daily classes. (They are fun, motivating and effective!)
- Silver&Fit offers 9 LIVE classes per day, 6 days per week.
- All are streamed live on Facebook & YouTube.
- If you miss a live class, the programs are conveniently available on demand, 24/7.
- Silver&Fit’s Fit at Home program is a great social option. Additionally, it’s structured and
will challenge you. And inspire!
Who Can Benefit from Silver&Fit® Fit at Home™?
Whether you are a beginner, recovering from an injury, or a full blown bad ass, the beauty of the Silver&Fit programming is that they target exactly what you need.
- Different levels – Something for Everyone®!
- Beginners, Intermediates, and Advanced levels
How to Get the BEST Chair Workout!
I have sampled nearly every level and variety of workouts that Fit At Home has to offer. However, as a physical therapist I am particularly jazzed about one segment of programming- the chair workout. I presently work with adults over the age of 50 in their homes and can share that there are limitless applications for Silver&Fit® Fit at Home™ beginners.
Professionally, the largest obstacles to starting any workout program I encounter are:
- confined to wheelchair
- don’t want to join a gym
- sit at a desk all day for work (And want to incorporate movement during their breaks.)
- afraid of falling
- recent injury or surgery
- never exercised before!
(*Please consult with your doctor before attempting any new exercise.)
I find older adults love the ability to start sloooowwwwly. And pick and chose routines depending on their past exercise history. Seated routines are a natural and safe place to start! (And my professional go-to for introducing core workouts.) Plus, Silver&Fit has the finest compilations of the best chair workouts I have found.
- Dance (do an entire disco routine in your chair!)
- Seated Mobility Exercise
- Strength Using Bodyweight
- Tai Chi
- Mixed Format
Just a warning. These routines can become addictive! You’ll be Fit at Home™ before you know it!